Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pebble Beach

Andrew and I were interested in taking a hike a few weeks ago and a friend suggested a place for us to go. We didn't exactly find the area she suggested, but ended up at Pebble Beach. In the winter the beach is desolate, but I'm told in the summer I'm told the beach is packed with umbrellas and the water is a sea of neon flotation devices. I understand a lot of Chinese don't wear swimming suits, but rather clothing that covers all of their skin and sit under umbrellas to avoid the sun. I'm also told that many can't swim so adults wear floaties around their arms and tubes around their waists, similar to toddlers in the U.S. I'm looking forward to going to the beach in the summer. I guess I'll need to leave my swimming suit at home and bring my arm floaties.
The beach & a couple fishing boats.
It was a bit chilly.




Discoveryland, a small amusement park.


We're unsure why they decided to ruin this nice walkway by pushing the road onto it.
Many small fishing boats in the bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment