Thursday, June 23, 2011

Zoom Zoom

Andrew and I recently purchased an electric bike to cruise around Kaifaqu. It is pretty awesome. It's maximum speed is about 40 km/hour and a fully charged batter lasts about 40 km, but there are petals just in case.  The bikes were a steal of a deal, only about $300, they sell for about 2,000 Euros in Europe. Our friends Leon & Kevin purchased the same bike. 


The Chinese don't seem to know what to do about foreigners on electric bikes. We get a lot of stares, especially when Leon has her dad on the back & I have Andrew on the back. Once a woman at the massage parlor we frequent asked if we were driving bikes the day before. She recognized us. Andrew thinks we're a bit famous, I wouldn't go that far, but I do think two blondes on electric bikes is a bit memorable for the Chinese. I think they just think we're crazy to brave driving here.


Kerstin & Travis checking out the bike at the bike shop.
Leon & I ready to cruise.
Di & Andy checking out the bike in the parking garage.
Andrew taking me for a spin on the bike.
Andrew driving while Travis lights the way with two high powered lasers.
Leon securing the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment