Sunday, January 9, 2011

The comfort of the U.S.

I was fortunate enough to spend the entire month of December in the U.S. visiting friends and family. I was pretty excited to return to the U.S. only after a little less than 2 months in China. When arriving I had a six hour layover in Los Angeles and my friend Dakota picked me up. We went to Applebee's, Target, and Starbucks; I don't know how much more American you can get. I was elated to go to Target, one stop shopping and no haggling. Finally after 36 hours of travel, I arrived at my first stop on my U.S, tour, Austin, TX where my friend Richelle was getting married. She was a stunning bride. After Austin I flew to Omaha, NE and stayed with my friend Cara and her husband Blaine. From there I rented a car and traveled in Dubuque, IA to visit Jessica and Gary, then to Madison, WI where I used to live. My time in Madison was cut short after learning a huge snow storm was going to be hitting the area. I left early and drove home to Spring Valley, MN where 20 inches of snow fell in 24 hours, welcome home! I had a great time enjoying an early holiday celebration with my family there. From there I was transported to Hudson, WI to visit more friends and finally I flew to Arizona where Andrew joined me to spend the last two weeks of my U.S. tour and Christmas with the Bain family.


Here are some photos from my tour of the U.S.:
Richelle & Terek
Go Longhorns!
Enjoying some wine with Cara & Blaine
Jessica & I 

Jenny, Renee & Britt at one of my favorite
Madison spots, Eno Vino.

Buchholtz Fam


 






Me, Megan, Hannah & Bridgett
Arden, me, Freya, Hannah & Megan
 Bain Fam








 Although I really enjoyed my time in the U.S. it was nice to return "home" to China to continue our adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment