Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Spoiled

Spoiled... is how I feel after a week in Thailand. About a month ago my friend Leon volunteered to plan a vacation for our mutual friend Sinead. Sinead was willing to give her a budget and the places she's been and let Leon do the rest. One afternoon while we were sipping champagne & crocheting (I know my life is tough), we thought we should join Sinead on her vacation because what else do we have to do being stay-at-home wives? Our friend Audrey decided to come as well. It was a great vacation, despite the less than perfect weather. We stayed at a 4 star resort, ate good food, sipped cocktails poolside over looking the ocean, and got a tan. 

I am spoiled.

First day on the beach these men were loading six Bull Sharks into a pick-up truck.

It's 11:00 a.m., yes I'll have a drink. I'm on vacation.
Sinead, Leon, Audrey & I at an Irish bar in Thailand.
(I was the only non-Irish.)


Opps, 20 seconds after renting four motorbikes Sinead had a little accident.

Getting fuel from old beer bottles. 
Renting a motorbike for the day= $12.00
Forgetting your driver's license at the hotel= $17.00
Hopefully the first & last run in with the law I'll have in a foreign country.



The famous James Bond island.
Views on the town on stilts.
1,500 inhabit a village in the ocean completely built on stilts in the ocean.



Thai boxing match.
I wasn't too keen on the young children fighting, but I liked the
"dance" routine the boxers do before the match & the live music
during the match.



Girl fight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment