Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Mini-Honeymoon

Andrew and I traveled to Maui, Hawaii as a "mini" honeymoon directly following the wedding. The trip was a wedding gift from his mother and a very wonderful gift it was. I refer to the honeymoon as a "mini" honeymoon, to much annoyance of my friends, because it was only four days. Let's be honest, we are very fortunate to go on a honeymoon at all and even more fortunate to go to Hawaii, but I'm a dreamer, I think our honeymoon should be two weeks. Which is two weeks less than my European friend's honeymoon. Those European's and there generous holiday packages. Hopefully we'll be able to take the "real" honeymoon sometimes this spring; I know we're spoiled. 


Although the "mini" honeymoon was short, it was amazing. It was my first time to Hawaii and Andrew hasn't been there since he was a child (although it was 20 years ago he still thinks he remembers the trip like it was yesterday). It is absolutely beautiful. We stayed at the J.W. Marriott resort and had four fun filled days packed with activities. We went snorkeling, Andrew swam with sea turtles and got a little too close for my comfort, we went on a helicopter tour, woke up at 1:30 a.m. to see sunrise over Haleakala volcano, rode bicycle downhill 26 miles from the volcano (it was fun, but lesson learned, a 26 mile bike ride with a helmet that is too small, is less than amazing), and did a scenic drive on the Maui coast. All that in four days. At least another day or two would have been perfect to have some time just to sit poolside and drink Mai Tai's.










No comments:

Post a Comment