Friday, August 10, 2012

Malaysia

Andrew had to attend a conference in Penang, Malaysia the first week in August so we decided to make it a mini vacation. We went to Penang four days prior to the conference. We enjoyed relaxing at our fantastic oceanfront resort, The Lone Pine. We didn't do much those four days, except eat good food, watch the sunset on the beach and take a short bike ride. The weather was beautiful and we loved the resort. 

While Andrew was at the conference I entertained myself (which I've become very good at.) The first day I did some sight seeing and spent more time at the pool, the second day I took the bus to the national park, which is the world's smallest, and on the last day I took a cooking class. I was also happy to be introduced to Andrew's co-worker's wife who was also there and enjoyed spending some time poolside and sharing a meal with her. It was a great, relaxing trip.

Reading poolside
The view from our balcony.
Reading on the balcony. I know, I have a tough life.
Andrew on the beach.
Water monitor lizard 
On the dock on the bike
Andrew was not a fan of his corn juice
Sunset
Hawker stand, what Penang is famous for.
Hiking in the national park, it was HOT.
A quiet beach in the national park.

Curry anyone?
Learning to make a few Indian dishes with two Japanese classmates.
Tranquil surroundings at the Spice Garden, where I took the cooking class.


No comments:

Post a Comment