Sunday, March 31, 2013

38 Weeks

No exciting news at my 38 week check-up. I'm still pregnant. The doctor predicts that Pat is between 6 1/2 to 7 lbs, although acknowledges that they are notoriously wrong on predicting baby weight. I'm hoping he's at least 7 lbs, which I'm confident he will be. I continue to feel well, just tired. I've had a number of Braxton-Hicks last week, but none the last couple of days. The weather in Portland has been amazing, 60-75 degrees, so I've been walking everyday after work. 

This Friday will be my last day of work. I had applied for a position with adidas, but if offered the position, I would have needed to go back to work in 3.5 months. After much debate, a number of phone calls to friends, both working moms and stay-at-home moms, and a visit to a child care center where I left in tears, I decided to withdraw from consideration and take advantage of the additional time at home. I figured I can always work, but can't get those months back with our little baby. I still think I'll return to work because I enjoy what I do and think I'll miss it, time will tell. Hopefully there will be an opportunity with adidas when I'm ready to return to work.

Andrew and I are getting very excited, although still patient. We can't wait to meet him. 



38 1/2 weeks



No comments:

Post a Comment