Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Dalian Landscape & Gaelic Football

I thought I'd share a few photos of our city. Our address is Dalian Development Area, DDA, Dalian, China. DDA is a suburb of Dalian and after a little exploration we found a few tourist attractions including:
A UFO
A Chinese bell tower
A child riding a flying bull
Random, very random.


A couple of friends invited me to play on the Gaelic football team. I wasn't sure what to expect. I didn't even know what Gaelic football was, but I knew the team recently won the Gaelic football championship because we cheers to them the past weekend in Five Color City. I went to my first practice last week and was encouraged to play in a game last Saturday after one practice. Being new to the area I didn't want to pass up an opportunity to get out and meet some people so I went. Thankfully there isn't a Dalian inter-mural team, but rather a group of Chinese and English teachers, Intel ex-pats, and Intel ex-pat wives playing a scrimmage. Andrew decided not to partake in the running, stair climbing and game, but rather take photos. I'm still not sure how to play Gaelic football, but I'm told I'll learn more if I come to more practices.
A beautiful autumn day. This scene reminds me of SE Minnesota.

My sorry attempt at passing the ball.
This is the way it's suppose to look when you're playing Gaelic football.
Two on one, not fair; it's my first day.


No comments:

Post a Comment