Thursday, November 29, 2012

Off to Work I Go

As I've previously mentioned, I miss my career. When I got pregnant and realized we'd be in Portland less than 6 months before Pat arrived, I figured I wouldn't be able to find a job in my profession  for a company that was willing to give me three months off in less than six months. I was a little worried about what I would do with myself for those six months because I knew I would want to be working. About a week after we arrived, and I wished I was working, I decided it couldn't hurt to look at job postings, maybe I'd get lucky. It could happen, right? 

Well, I got lucky. Along with a handful of other jobs, I applied for a temporary part-time HR Generalist position with Adidas and I was hired. YAY!!! It's perfect; a great job for a fantastic company in an industry I feel right at home in, great people and a great schedule.  I'm hopeful that this will create opportunities when I'm ready to return to work after Pat's born.

I have a lot to be thankful for.

1 comment: