Thursday, November 8, 2012

Week 18

I'm now 18 weeks pregnant, yah! 

I had a doctor's appointment this week and Pat's heart rate was 140 bpm. I have gained about a pound since my appointment a month ago, which puts me at about 2 lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight (I lost a few pounds in the first trimester). I feel like I've gained more weight than that though. It must just be my muscles turning to fat. I think I was a bit naive to think that if I continued to work-out and be healthy I wouldn't gain fat around your whole middle. My body is definitely changing. However, I can't complain I have a beautiful little bundle of joy growing inside of me and I'm still just barely fitting into most of my pre-pregnancy clothes. 

Thankfully I continue to feel well and am glad the 2nd trimester has restored my energy. The only little bit of trouble I'm having is not sleeping soundly. I'm trying to get use to sleeping on my side since I'm normally a back and stomach sleeper and between that, going to the restroom in the middle of the night and my helpful husband waking me by rubbing my stomach to get me to roll from my back to side, a restful night sleep doesn't come very easy. I look at it as training for the many restless nights ahead. 

I also started prenatal yoga this week. I use to take Bikram/hot yoga classes, but never just yoga. It is a little out of my comfort zone being a bit hippyish  but I enjoyed the first class. 

I'm still very much enjoying cottage cheese, I eat a large container in about three days, and Tom & Jerry's Half Baked Ice Cream in moderation. 

Next week we find out Pat's gender. We can't wait! Any guesses, boy or girl?





No comments:

Post a Comment